Welcome ...

D-MoZone is the place to find out what’s new with pianist/composer/educator Diane Moser. Keep an eye on this blog for updates on music, health, gigs, fundraisers, random thoughts and all things D-Mo. And please keep sending your thoughts, good wishes and comments this way—they’re always needed and always appreciated.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Massaged Kale Salad

Just returned home from a 50th bday party that was fabulous-great food and great friends!
I brought Massaged Kale Salad...which everyone always loves so I figured I would share the recipe...it's a variation of a recipe that I found on a wonderful blog called http://iheartkale.blogspot.com/2009/01/massaged-kale-salad-with-grated-root.html 
I do  the "massaging of the kale"-with olive oil and sea salt...then as I add in the ingredients I massage it some more....
1 grated (small) beet grated
(2 or 3 baby)carrots
minced red onion (about 1/4 cup),
kalmata olives (about 1/3 cup)
1 diced (small) tomato
1 diced (small) avocado
.....then I add lemon juice...more massaging and a little bit of balsamic vinegar-the vinegar was only for tonight-I was just in the mood for it!
As I said to someone who asked for the recipe...to me it's about the kale...everything else just adds a little bit of seasoning.
From start to finish it takes less than 30 mins (depends on how fast you can chop and dice).
Go to the blog...really fantastic recipes on there!

No comments:

Post a Comment